01 July 2010

New Beginning

Today marks a new beginning for me as it is my first day of work at the new company. Yes I had left my previous job of 8 years and moving on to what I deem and hope to be a greener pasture for me.

After working in the same company for 8 years, work had become very stagnant. Of course there were times I wanted to leave but the pulling factors were not great and on a couple of occasions I were asked to stay after I threw in the letter.

However, this time round I stayed firm on my decision to leave after a couple of rounds of talks with my previous boss. It was really a tough decision. My previous boss was rather unhappy with my decision. So when he requested me to extend my 1 month notice period, I agreed. I helped to finish a tender, forsaking any break time before the new job.

Well, though I cannot have a break, I was paid in cash for my 32 days of outstanding leaves. Hopefully this new company will be a greener pasture to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment