05 December 2008

Pregnancy Week 20

Went for my routine check-up last Sat and had detailed scanning. The Doctor checked every organ of bb to ensure everything was ok. There is just one finding. It was a white spot on the left side of bb's heart. The spot is nothing serious but it increases the probability of bb being down syndrome. My probability now is 1:344 and the cut off probability for "抽洋水" is 1:250. Therefore it is neither here nor there. So Doctor asked us to consider whether to do it or not as the test will be a definite answer whether bb will have genetic problems. Hubby does not want bb and me to do it as he thinks bb will be ok and there is a 1% risk of having miscarriage.


Apart from the above, we were also being told and shown the sex of bb. *drum rolls* is a HE! Hubby was so smug about it and he has this "i told you so" look on his face. Haha! Previously he keep telling me that bb definitely is a boy and occasionally he will look at my tummy and say "bb boy". So his prediction is true. Hehe!


We were also told by Doctor that I will start be feel some movements of bb and these few days I can feel some fluttering movements in the tummy! Soon, I will be feeling the actual punches and kicks from bb because he is a active boy! That is what the Doctor says whenever we are doing the scanning.

2 comments: