07 December 2006

work + green horn

I just off the phone with my uni friends. I am suppose to meet them for dinner tonight (going for korean food at Chinatown) but due to work commitments (yes again!), I am stuck in the office trying to clear up my work which kept piling up. I thought things will get better this month but dont know why there is still so much quotes to do. Why the shops cant stop renovating, now is the christmas period leh! Sigh! Other than new quotes, there are still completed projects which I need to sort out for the variation works and a thick file of subcontractor's invoices which I need to certify. Subcontractors had been calling me quite frequently these days, asking me whether I have certify their payment already or not. I always felt quilty putting off the work as indirectly I am delaying their payment. Sigh.

The new guy started work last fri but...he is really green horn, fresh out of the uni, totally unfamilar with interior works. I had a hard time explaining how to do invoicing, getting the subcontractors to quote, doing variation works. Guess it will take him quite awhile to absorb and understand what I am teaching him. *God bless me*

No comments:

Post a Comment